Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 22:18:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 102200
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/REISSUED/102200Z-110600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 9.5N 115.5E,
APPROXIMATELY 415 NM SOUTHWEST OF MANILA, PHILIPPINES. ANIMATED
INFRARED IMAGERY SHOWS FLARING CONVECTION BLOWING OFF TO THE WEST
OVER A REGION OF STRONG SURFACE TROUGHING. AN 101811Z AMSR-E IMAGE
SHOWS CONVERGENT LINES OF CONVECTION CONSOLIDATING AROUND THE
WESTERN EXTENT OF A SURFACE TROUGH.  A 101016Z WINDSAT PASS ALSO
SHOWS STRONG SURFACE TROUGHING WITH 20KT UNFLAGGED WINDS AND
EVIDENCE OF A WESTERLY WIND BURST ON THE EQUATORWARD SIDE OF THE
CONVECTION. CURRENT DATA DOES NOT SUPPORT A CLOSED CIRCULATION YET.
UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES THAT THE SYSTEM IS UNDER 20-30KTS OF
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR; HOWEVER, THE UPPER LEVEL ENVIRONMENT IS
DIFFLUENT AND PROVIDING GOOD WESTWARD OUTFLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: ADDED POOR AREA IN PARA. 1.B.(1).

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.