Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 22:45:19 -0600

375 
FZPN40 PHFO 110445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 20N162W MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN 
AREA BOUNDED BY 30N140W TO 24N150W TO 25N155W TO 30N152W TO 30N140W. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA N OF 17N BETWEEN 153W AND 160W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 25N150W TO 20N157W. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N E OF 145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 24N150W TO 
22N152W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N171E TO 24N160E MOVING E 20 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N178W TO 26N170E TO 24N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 172W AND 179W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 24N178E TO 22N160E. WINDS 20 
TO 30 IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 165W AND 172W.

.TROUGH FROM 12N176W TO 09N170E TO 07N160E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE TROUGH W OF 170E AND WITHIN 60 NM 
OF TROUGH E OF 177E.

.RIDGE FROM 30N175W TO 23N170E TO 20N160E MOVING E 10 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 20N152W TO 17N164W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.SEAS 12 TO 14 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 147W AND 154W. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 00N175W TO 20N175W TO 
20N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 00N140W TO 
00N178W TO 20N178W TO 20N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N180E TO 
22N170E TO 20N160E AND SEAS 8 TO 9 FT ELSEWHERE OVER WATERS E OF 
175W.

.SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF FORECAST AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N150W TO 09N160W TO 11N164W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ E OF 153W.

$$
.FORECASTER BURKE. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.