Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:46:05 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 110600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/110600Z-120600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 9.5N 115.5E
IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.7N 116.0E, APPROXIMATELY 420 NM SOUTHWEST OF
MANILA, PHILIPPINES. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS PERSISTENT DEEP CONVECTION OVER A DEFINED LOW-LEVEL
CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC). A 110129Z METOP-A IMAGE SHOWS FORMATIVE
CONVECTIVE BANDING OVER THE NORTHERN SEMI-CIRCLE. THE 110129Z ASCAT
IMAGE DEPICTS A CLOSED LLCC WITH 15-20 KNOT WEST-NORTHWESTERLY TO
NORTH-NORTHWESTERLY WINDS OVER THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. SURFACE
OBSERVATIONS OVER NORTHERN BORNEO INDICATE LIGHT WESTERLY WINDS AND
SLP NEAR 1006 MB. UPPER LEVEL ANALYSIS INDICATES A MARGINALLY
FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERIZED BY MODERATE (10-20 KNOTS)
VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND STRONG DIFFLUENT FLOW. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1006 MB. BASED ON THE DEFINED LLCC,
SLP, AND WINDS, THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT
TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS UPGRADED TO FAIR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.