Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 23:48:26 -0600

705 
ATHW40 PHFO 110548
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC DECEMBER 11 2010

A SHARP UPPER LEVEL TROUGH IS EVIDENT ON WATER VAPOR IMAGERY THIS 
EVENING. THE UPPER LOW ASSOCIATED WITH THE TROUGH IS MORE THAN 2270 
MILES NORTH OF HONOLULU AT 7 PM...NEAR 53.7N 150.6W. THE TROUGH AXIS 
EXTENDS FROM THE LOW TO 23.4N 161.3W...ABOUT 135 MILES NORTHWEST OF 
KAUAI. 

DEEP LAYERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OUT AHEAD OF THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 
AXIS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE THICKEST CLOUDS ARE FROM 
MAUI TO THE BIG ISLAND...WITH A SLIGHT BREAK OVER MOLOKAI AND THE 
EASTERN HALF OF OAHU. ADDITIONAL LAYERED CLOUDS ARE NOTED OVER THE 
WESTERN HALF OF OAHU BACK TO KAUAI. MOST OF THE CLOUDS OVER THE BIG 
ISLAND ARE REACHING NEAR 40 THOUSAND FEET. SOUTHEAST OF THE BIG 
ISLAND...THE LAYERED CLOUDS REACH NEAR 50 THOUSAND FEET. OVER THE 
REMAINING ISLANDS...LAYERED CLOUDS REACH BETWEEN 30 AND 40 THOUSAND 
FEET. THE LAYERED CLOUDS OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS EXTEND TO 
THE SOUTH TO 10N...AND EXTEND NORTH NORTHEAST OF THE ISLANDS BEYOND 
40N.

THE BACK EDGE OF THE LAYERED CLOUDS NEAR THE HAWAIIAN ISLANDS IS 
ALONG A LINE FROM 27.7N 158.3W TO 16.5N 161.9W...WHICH IS OVER THE 
ISLAND OF KAUAI AT 7 PM. OVER THE LAST SEVERAL HOURS...THE BACK EDGE 
OF LAYERED CLOUDS HAS BEEN MOVING TO THE EAST AROUND 30 MPH. 

OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS...THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY WITHIN THE LAYERED 
CLOUDS MOVED TO THE AREA SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND...WHERE ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.