Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 04:05:33 -0600

188 
FZPN01 KWBC 111005
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 37N171E 998 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
37N175E TO 33N179E. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW QUADRANTS AND 240 NM 
N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N171E 996 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N169E 1000 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
36N177E TO 31N177W. WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM N AND 
E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N172E 997 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
38N172E TO 36N179E TO 34N171W TO 30N169W. WITHIN 480 NM W AND NW 
AND 240 NM SW QUADRANTS AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.WITHIN 300 NM N OF A FRONT FROM 44N168E TO 49N165E TO 51N163E 
AND N OF 45N...W OF 163E AREA OF WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 
25 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS WELL W OF AREA. 

...GALE WARNING.. 
.LOW 54N151W 996 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 540 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N146W 988 MB. BETWEEN 360 NM AND 840 NM 
W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N148W 992 MB. WITHIN 600 NM W AND 540 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N144W 1002 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 600 NM E AND 540 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N135W 995 MB. WITHIN 420 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N139W 989 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 55N BETWEEN 152W 
AND 159W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N162W TO 62N170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N 
AND NE OF A LINE FROM 55N154W TO 57N164W TO 62N173W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF LIGHT AND MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N 
AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N154W TO 56N162W TO 63N172W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.N OF 57N AND W OF 142W AREA OF NE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 
FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 30N TO 36N E OF 122W N TO NW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 119W AND 123W N TO 
NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 11 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 47N W 
OF 180W AND FROM 38N TO 42N AND E OF 128W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 300 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
50N130W TO 38N133W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 38N TO 42N E OF 128W. 

.HIGH 32N28W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE N IN 18 HOURS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N127W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N128W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 52N179E 1034 MB DRIFTING W 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N176E 1032 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N178E 1030 MB. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH JUST W OF AREA 38N159E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH TO MERGE WITH HIGH 52N178E MENTIONED 
ABOVE. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 30N158W 1020 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT DEC 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 13.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 08N TO 25N W OF 122W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL. N OF 25N W OF 130W SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. N OF 23N E OF 120W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 21N108W TO 10N110W TO 
00N 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. S OF 25N W OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. N 
OF 25N BETWEEN 118W AND 124W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 17N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 18N W OF 
130W...AND S OF 15N BETWEEN 100W AND 130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  

.FROM 06N TO 12N BETWEEN 97W AND 110W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 20N BETWEEN 102W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR CONDITIONS DESCRIBED ABOVE.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 60 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 11.5N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 06N FROM 78W TO 80W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 05W E OF 80W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 05W E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 06W E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SAT DEC 11...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 04N77W TO 06N86W TO 
09N116W THEN RESUMES AT 08N122W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION IS FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 115W AND 
121W...AND WITHIN 90 NM S OF AXIS FROM 122W TO 128W.  

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.