Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 04:45:09 -0600

511 
FZPN40 PHFO 111045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N1492W TO 20N161W MOVING E 15 KT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 27N.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N157W 30N148W 12N153W 13N162W 30N157W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 23N152W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 25N147W.

.FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 28N175E TO 23N160E MOVING E 15 KT.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF 24N W OF 180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N177W TO 27N179E TO 24N170E TO 
22N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 21N178E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.

.TROUGH FROM 07N160E TO 09N170E TO 16N176W TO 20N163W.  SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF THE TROUGH W OF 169E.

.RIDGE FROM 25N140W TO 20N153W TO 19N161W NEARLY STATIONARY AND 
ERODING FROM THE W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 25N177W TO 00N173W TO 
00S140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
26N178W TO 20N162W TO 27N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF A LINE FROM 
08N171W TO 13N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N163E TO 
26N170E 30N180W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E 
TO 20N173E TO 30N162W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 11N154W TO 10N163W.  ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 
NM OF THE ITCZ.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.