Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 06:44:34 -0600

872 
ATHW40 PHFO 111244
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 11 2010

WATER VAPOR SHOWS THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH AXIS SWINGING THROUGH THE 
STATE OVERNIGHT. A SHORTWAVE TROUGH AXIS IS NOTED ALONG A LINE FROM 
37.6N 158.2W TO 29.3W 160.6W...WHICH IS HELPING TO MOVE THE UPPER 
LEVEL TROUGH TO THE EAST. 

THE DEEP LAYERED CLOUDS THAT BEGAN THE NIGHT COVERING MOST OF THE 
MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS HAVE SHIFTED TO THE EAST AND DISSIPATED A BIT. 
THE LAYERED CLOUDS ARE ABOUT 435 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND...AND 
EXTEND TO THE WEST INTO THE ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL AT 2 AM. THE CLOUDS 
REACH AS FAR SOUTH AS 10N...AND EXTEND NORTHWARD BEYOND 40N. THESE 
LAYERED CLOUDS CONTINUE TO COVER THE BIG ISLAND AT 2 AM.

A LINE OF LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS IS MOVING OVER OAHU AT 2 AM...AND 
CORRESPONDS WITH THE SURFACE FRONT ASSOCIATED WITH THE UPPER LEVEL 
SYSTEM. THE BAND OF LOW CLOUDS EXTENDS ALONG A LINE FROM 24.4N 
153.9W TO 19.9N 160.3W. AT THE NORTHEAST END OF THE LOW CLOUD 
BAND...THE LOW CLOUDS MERGE WITH THE LAYERED CLOUDS MENTIONED ABOVE. 
THIS BAND OF LOW CLOUDS IS SPREADING LOW CLOUDS ACROSS OAHU FROM THE 
NORTHWEST AT 2 AM. SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE 
ISLANDS OF MAUI COUNTY. MEANWHILE...SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER 
KAUAI AND NIIHAU. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.