Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 09:50:01 -0600

757 
FZPN01 KWBC 111549
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 39N171E 996 MB MOVING NW 10 KT WILL TURN SW AFTER 12 HOURS. 
WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 26 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 31N TO 46N BETWEEN 179W AND 161E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N169E 993 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NW AND N 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 28 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N168E 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM W AND NW SEMICIRCLES...AND 300 NM NE AND E OF A FRONT 
FROM 40N171E TO 31N174E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N173E 996 MB. FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 
176E AND 160E...AND FROM 37N TO 44N BETWEEN 175W AND 174E WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 49N152W 999 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER WATERS FROM 40N TO 60N 
BETWEEN 155W AND 168W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N147W 986 MB. WITHIN 900 NM SW AND 780 
NM NW QUADRANTS...AND FROM 35N TO 54N BETWEEN 140W AND 147W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N141W 987 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N...660 NM 
W...AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS AND FROM 36N TO 48N BETWEEN 133W AND 
156W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 44N136W 1002 MB MOVING N 20 KT WITH FRONT FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 39N142W TO 30N148W. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS 
AND 420 NM E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N135W 993 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
49N126W TO 34N138W. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 240 NM E QUADRANTS AND 
240 NM E AND SE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS 
DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 54N155E 994 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS FROM 46N TO 55N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WELL NW OF AREA AND ASSOCIATED 
CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N169W 1003 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 55N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 160W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 63N140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 
56N BETWEEN 157W AND 166W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF LIGHT AND MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N 
AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N154W TO 56N162W TO 63N172W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N E OF 122W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.LOW 59N143W 1002 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. NE OF A LINE FROM THE LOW 
CENTER TO 55N136W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW INLAND 65N166W 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 480 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 240 NM S OF 
A LINE FROM 44N130W TO 38N143W AND FROM 34N TO 43N E OF 130W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 50N E OF 131W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.HIGH 33N129W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N128W 1025 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N131W 1021 MB.

.HIGH 52N179E 1032 MB MOVING W 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N176E 1033 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N180W 1030 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 31N159W 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N146W 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SAT DEC 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 13.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 08N TO 25N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 12 FT 
IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES. N OF 27N W OF 135W SE TO S 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. N OF 25N E OF 122W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE 22N109W TO 06N98W 
TO 00N115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL. W OF LINE FROM 25N110W 
TO 00N100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN PRIMARILY 
NW SWELL. N OF 27N W OF 137W S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 14N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 14N W OF 
100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW 
SWELL.  

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.30 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 10N99W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 81W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 82W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SAT DEC 11...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N77W TO 07N83W TO 
04N94W TO 09N120W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 60 NM N OF AXIS E OF 80W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 120 NM N AND 60 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 115W AND 
130W. 

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.