Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:45:13 -0600

369 
FZPN40 PHFO 111645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N148W TO 22N157W TO 20N162W MOVING E MOVING E 15 KT.  
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 420 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 27N.  ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N154W 30N147W 18N150W 14N159W 30N154W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 24N150W.  WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 26N147W.

.FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 27N173E TO 23N160E MOVING E 20 KT.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS N OF 26N BETWEEN 176W AND 163E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N176W TO 24N176E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 25N177E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.

.TROUGH FROM 08N160E TO 10N173E TO 17N175W TO 19N163W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 06N AND 09N W OF 170E.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 19N160W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N160E TO 25N177W TO 00N173W TO 
00S140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 
26N178W TO 20N162W TO 27N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT S OF A LINE FROM 
08N171W TO 13N140W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N163E TO 
26N170E 30N180W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E 
TO 20N173E TO 30N162W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 11N154W TO 09N163W.  ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM N OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 151W AND 156W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.