Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 12:30:38 -0600

448 
ATHW40 PHFO 111830
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC DECEMBER 11 2010

WATER VAPOR SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH PASSING NORTH OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING AND HAS AN AXIS WHICH EXTENDS FROM 
36N16W0 TO 25N159W. DEEP LAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FEATURE 
COVER A LARGE AREA FROM 11N TO 40N AND 144W TO 155W. THE CLOUDS ARE 
SLOWLY TRAVELING TO THE EAST AT AROUND 10 MPH. THE DENSE AREA OF 
CLOUDS HAVE PASSED THE BIG ISLAND ALREADY...BUT THIN MID AND HIGH 
LEVELS STILL REMAIN OVER MOST OF THE ISLAND THIS MORNING.

ANOTHER NARROW BAND OF LOW AND MIDLEVEL CLOUDS IS ASSOCIATED WITH A 
SURFACE COLD FRONT DRAPED OVER THE CENTRAL PART OF THE STATE. THIS 
BAND IS 110 MILES WIDE COVERING MAUI COUNTY AND THE KAIWI CHANNEL. 
IT EXTENDS ALONG AN AXIS FROM 27N150W TO 20N159W. NORTH OF 27N...THE 
FRONTAL CLOUD BAND IS OBSCURED BY THE DEEP LAYERED CLOUDS FROM THE 
UPPER TROUGH. RADAR IS INDICATING LIGHT SHOWERS UNDERNEATH THE 
FRONTAL CLOUD BAND FOR THE KAIWI CHANNEL AND AROUND MOLOKAI. KAUAI 
AND OAHU HAVE A FEW CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER THE LAND AREAS AND ADJACENT 
WATERS THIS MORNING. AS MENTIONED...MAUI COUNTY IS UNDER AN OVERCAST 
LOW CLOUD BAND ASSOCIATED WITH THE FRONT. SOME BREAKING IN THE 
CLOUDS IS OCCURRING OVER THE ALENUIHAHA CHANNEL AND FAR NORTHWEST 
BIG ISLAND. THE REST OF THE BIG ISLAND IS OBSCURED WITH THIN MID AND 
HIGH LEVEL CLOUDS.

FAR NORTHWEST OF THE STATE...ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL SYSTEM IS CENTERED 
WEST OF THE DATELINE. DENSE LAYERED CLOUDS COVER AN AREA ON THE 
SOUTHEASTERN FRINGES OF THE LOW. MOST OF THE CLOUD COVER IS NORTH OF 
25N AND WEST OF 170W. ISOLATED TOWERING CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE LOCATED 
IN AN AREA BOUNDED BETWEEN 16N TO 20N AND 170W TO 175W WHICH ARE 
ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK LOW LEVEL DISTURBANCE.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.