Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:51:12 -0600

506 
FZPN01 KWBC 112151
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 11. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 12. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 13. 

.WARNINGS. 

..STORM WARNING...
.LOW 40N171E 996 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL DRIFT S AFTER 12 
HOURS. WITHIN 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 
26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM OF LOW AND FROM 30N TO 41N 
BETWEEN 176W AND 178E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N170E 996 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 34N176W. WITHIN 240 NM W AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES AND 240 NM NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N173E 997 MB WITH FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
38N176E TO 34N166W. FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 176E AND 160E AND 
WITHIN 300 NM N OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 51N153W 993 MB. WITHIN 840 NM SW 
AND 720 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 51N147W 987 MB. 
WITHIN 660 NM SE...960 NM SW...780 NM NW...AND 540 NM NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 53N136W 985 MB. 
WITHIN 660 NM SE...900 NM S...AND 420 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 46N TO THE 
COAST OF ALASKA BETWEEN 150W AND 166W N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 46N136W 1000 MB MOVING N 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 46N133W 
TO 30N146W. WITHIN 420 NM E SEMICIRCLE AND 360 NM E OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT...HIGHEST E OF THE FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW ABSORBED INTO COMPLEX LOW 51N147W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 46N126W TO 
34N136W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N173W 1004 MB. FROM 30N TO 39N 
BETWEEN 167W AND 174W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N161W 1008 MB. FROM 30N TO 39N BETWEEN 
156W AND 166W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 55N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 160W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 59N168W TO 63N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 
56N BETWEEN 153W AND 160W AND N AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 
59N168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF LIGHT AND MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N 
OF 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 157W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 48N160E TO 49N172E 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT WITH MIXED W AND SE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW INLAND 64N163W 1002 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF THE ALEUTIAN ISLANDS E OF 176W N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 48N W OF 172E WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 140W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N48N BETWEEN 124W AND 130W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE.

.HIGH 33N128W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N128W 1026 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N131W 1023 MB.

.HIGH 52N178E 1031 MB NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N177E 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N180W 1030 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 30N157W 1020 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N144W 1023 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N160E 1030 MB.  

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SAT DEC 11.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 12.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 13.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
.30 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W
N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N96W   
N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 08N TO 15N W OF 133W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES.  N OF 15N W OF 110W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 14N FROM 
102W TO 110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 08N TO 12N  W OF 135W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE S OF 
20N W OF 105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  S OF 13N W OF 130W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  S OF 05N FROM 100W TO 130W  
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.  

.24 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  N OF 14N FROM 94W TO 96W 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 10N99W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 89W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 81W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 82W  SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SAT DEC 11...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 04N77W TO 07N85W TO 
05N96W TO 09N122W TO 07N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 90 NM OF AXIS FROM 115W TO 130W. 

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.