Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 16:45:07 -0600

099 
FZPN40 PHFO 112245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SAT DEC 11 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 11 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 12 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 13 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N147W TO 22N154W TO 20N159W MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT E OF THE FRONT N OF 25N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 22N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 25N148W. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 28N145W.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N177E TO 25N170E TO 22N160E MOVING E 10 KT. WARM 
FRONT FROM 25N174W TO 30N178W MOVING NE 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 90 NM OF BOTH FRONTS N OF 28N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 
25N BETWEEN 176W AND 170E...ALSO WITHIN 180 NM OF COLD FRONT W OF 
170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 25N180E TO 23N175E TO 
22N160E. WARM FRONT MOVED N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N 
BETWEEN FRONT AND 168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166W TO 24N180E TO 21N172E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N.

.TROUGH FROM 20N149W TO 15N151W TO 11N150W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 22N150W TO 20N151W TO 15N153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 18N175W TO 09N167E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH FROM 18N179W TO 08N164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 21N152W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 28N153W TO 30N169W TO 24N180W TO 22N164E MOVING E SLOWLY.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 
26N168E TO 30N161E.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N142W TO 25N153W. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N178W TO 28N166E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E 
OF 155W S OF 15N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
24N170E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF 150W BETWEEN 13N AND 08N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N176E TO 
27N169E TO 30N163E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N175W TO 21N170E TO 19N160E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 09N160E TO 05N173W TO 06N178E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 144W AND 161W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.