Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 18:32:03 -0600

670 
ATHW40 PHFO 120031
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC DECEMBER 12 2010

WATER VAPOR SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH PASSING NORTH OF THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING AND HAS AN AXIS WHICH EXTENDS FROM 
35N155W TO 24N152W. DEEP LAYERED CLOUDS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS FEATURE 
COVER A LARGE AREA FROM 11N TO 40N AND 144W TO 154W. TOPS RANGE FROM 
35 TO 45 KFT IN HEIGHT ACROSS MOST OF THIS CLOUD REGION.

CLOUD COVER OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS HAS GENERALLY DECREASED 
OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS DUE TO THE DEPARTING LAYERED CLOUD BAND AND 
THE FRONT ACROSS MAUI COUNTY DISSIPATING. TYPICAL SEA BREEZE CLOUD 
BUILD UPS ARE OBSERVED ON VISIBLE SATELLITE OVER MOST OF THE ISLAND 
INTERIORS. SCATTERED CUMULUS CLOUDS ARE OBSERVED ACROSS KAUAI AND 
OAHU THIS AFTERNOON WITH MOUNTAINS AND CENTRAL INTERIORS BEING THE 
PRIME AREA. MOLOKAI HAS BROKEN CLOUDS OVER THE WHOLE ISLAND WITH A 
FEW SHOWERS ON RADAR OVER THE MOUNTAINOUS AREAS ALONG THE NORTH 
COAST. LANAI HAS BROKEN CLOUDS OVER MOST OF THE ISLAND INTERIOR. 
MAUI HAS CLOUD BUILD UPS OVER MOST OF THE ISLAND AS WELL...WITH SOME 
BREAK UPS IN THE CENTRAL VALLEY. MOST OF THE HALEAKALA SUMMIT IS 
OBSCURED FROM THE LOW CLOUD COVER AS WELL. THE BIG ISLAND HAS 
OVERCAST CUMULUS CLOUDS OVER NORTHEAST AND SOUTHEAST LOWER SLOPES UP 
TO 10 KFT IN ELEVATION. BROKEN CUMULUS CLOUDS COVER THE LEEWARD 
COAST UP TO 7 KFT IN ELEVATION. FEW TO SCATTERED CUMULUS COVER 
WINDWARD WATERS THIS AFTERNOON WHILE FAINT PLUME CLOUDS ARE OBSERVED 
OVER LEEWARD WATERS.

FAR NORTHWEST OF THE STATE...ANOTHER UPPER LEVEL SYSTEM IS CENTERED 
WEST OF THE DATELINE. DENSE LAYERED CLOUDS COVER AN AREA ON THE 
SOUTHERN AND EASTERN FLANKS OF THE LOW. MOST OF THE CLOUD COVER IS 
NORTH OF 26N AND WEST OF 168W.

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE...ISOLATED ITCZ THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING 
BETWEEN 08N TO 10N AND 142W TO 162W.

$$

FOSTER

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.