Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 21:58:28 -0600

762 
FZPN01 KWBC 120358
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

..STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 41N169E 1000 MB WILL MOVE S 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
TO 39N178E TO 35N179W. WITHIN 240 NM N AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 40 
TO 50 KT. SEAS 17 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND 300 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N170E 997 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
38N171E TO 35N178W. WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT AND 300 NM 
N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N174E 998 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NW AND N 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 50N153W 990 MB. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 
780 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N153W 993 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 480 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N133W 975 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 180 NM 
E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 660 NM S AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 48N132W 998 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS 48N130W TO 
43N135W TO 38N138W. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N138W 983 MB. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 240 NM 
E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 51N133W 
MENTIONED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N171W 1002 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND 
SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N158W 1007 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 180 
NM N AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 48N BETWEEN 170E AND 160E AREA OF SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 48N AND W OF 165E AREA OF SW WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 55N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 160W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 59N168W TO 63N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N 
AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 59N168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF LIGHT AND MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N 
OF 56N BETWEEN 152W AND 157W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 48N160E TO 49N172E 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT WITH MIXED W AND SE SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 140W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 48N BETWEEN 124W AND 
130W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 34N127W 1026 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N128W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 54N177E 1031 MB WILL DRIFT SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N179E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N180W 1030 MB. 

.HIGH 49N164E 1026 MB WILL MOVE E 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.36 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N138W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N135W 1021 MB.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N160E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SUN DEC 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 14.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W
N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N96W   
N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT.  SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 08N TO 14N W OF 133W  NE TO E WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT 
IN MIXED NW SWELL AND NE WIND WAVES.  N OF 28N E OF 120W  N 
WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT.  N OF 14N W OF 120W  WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  S OF 14N FROM 101W TO 
110W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 09N TO 12N W OF 136W  NE TO E WINDS 20 
KT.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE S OF 
18N W OF 105W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 10N TO 13N W OF 130W  NE WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE AND NW SWELL.  S OF 05NW OF 133W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT IN NE SWELL.  

.18 HOUR FORECAST  GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC  N OF 14N FROM 94W TO 96W 
N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT.  SEAS TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W TO 10N99W  N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 81W  SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 82W  SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SUN DEC 12...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 07N85W TO 
05N96W TO 09N123W TO 07N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF 
AXIS FROM 116W TO 129W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES . TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.