Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 22:41:18 -0600

627 
FZPN40 PHFO 120441
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 22N154W TO 25N150W MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT E OF THE FRONT N OF 28N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 
NM E OF FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 25N148W. WINDS DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 28N145W.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N180E TO 24N168E...THENCE A STATIONARY FRONT TO 
22N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. WARM FRONT FROM 26N172W TO 
30N175W MOVING NE 25 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 90 NM N OF WARM 
FRONT AND 240 NM N OF STATIONARY FRONT W OF 165E. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS N OF 25N BETWEEN 172W AND 173E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 22N176E TO 21N160E. WARM 
FRONT MOVED N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN FRONT AND 
166W. NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 NM N OF FRONT W OF 167E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 23N180E TO 20N175E. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 360 NM E OF THE FRONT N OF 29N.

.TROUGH FROM 20N150W TO 15N151W TO 11N150W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 19N177W TO 11N169E TO 11N160E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 23N148W NEARLY STATIONARY AND ERODING FROM 
THE W.

.RIDGE FROM 29N152W TO 28N160W TO 30N167W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 24N170W TO 23N180W TO 22N177E MOVING SE 20 KT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 28N170E TO 30N165E. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N142W TO 25N153W. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N178W TO 28N166E TO 24N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E 
OF 155W S OF 15N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N178E TO 
24N170E TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF 150W BETWEEN 13N AND 08N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 20 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 
25N169E TO 30N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N173W TO 20N170E TO 18N160E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 09N160E TO 06N174W TO 07N180E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM N OF THE ITCZ W OF 163W.

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.