Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:34:28 -0600

719 
ATHW40 PHFO 120534
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0530 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0500 UTC DECEMBER 12 2010

A LARGE FRONTAL CLOUD BAND LINGERED EAST OF THE STATE THIS SATURDAY 
EVENING.  THE EAST EDGE OF THE 300 TO 400 MILES WIDE CLOUD BAND 
EXTENDED THROUGH 30N 140W TO 14N 146W.  THIS BAND CONSISTED OF 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTI-LAYERED CLOUDS.  ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
WERE EMBEDDED WITHIN THE BAND...MOSTLY SOUTH OF 20 NORTH LATITUDE.  

THE ACTUAL FRONT ITSELF EXTENDED ROUGHLY THROUGH 30N 142W TO NEAR 
24N 150W.  MUCH OF THE CLOUDINESS SOUTH OF THE FRONT WAS ASSOCIATED 
WITH LOW LEVEL CONVERGENCE AND THE PRESENCE OF AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH 
ALOFT.  WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED THE UPPER TROUGH AXIS EXTENDING 
THROUGH 30N 150W TO 20N 153W TO 14N 158W.  THE UPPER TROUGH WAS 
MOVING EAST AT JUST OVER 25 MILES AN HOUR ALONG 30N AND NEAR 15 
MILES AN HOUR AT THE SOUTH END. 

ANOTHER FRONT FAR WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE STATE EXTENDED FROM 
NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST THROUGH 30N 178W.  HOWEVER...A LARGE MASS OF 
BROKEN TO OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS WERE SPEWING EASTWARD AHEAD OF THE 
FRONT.  THE CIRRUS WAS MAINLY NORTH OF A LINE FROM 30N 160W TO 25N 
180E.  BUT A FEW SMALL STRANDS AND FRAGMENTS WERE OBSERVED OUT AHEAD 
OF THE MAIN MASS WITHIN ONLY 140 MILES NORTHWEST OF KAUAI. 

NEAR ISLANDS...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WERE NOTED MAINLY 
NORTH OF A LINE FROM 22N 154W TO THE NORTH COAST OF KAUAI TO 24N 
170W.  A SMALL SMATTERING OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUD PATCHES 
WERE OBSERVED OVER THE ISLANDS AND ADJACENT WATERS.  THE LOW CLOUDS 
NEAR THE ISLANDS WERE MOVING SOUTH-SOUTHWEST NEAR 10 MILES AN HOUR.

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE...ISOLATED ITCZ THUNDERSTORMS AND 
MULTI-LAYERED CLOUDS OCCUPIED THE AREA BETWEEN 07N AND 10N FROM 145W 
TO 164W. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.