Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 23:41:07 -0600

ABPW10 PGTW 120600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/120600Z-130600ZDEC2010//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 8.2N
113.7E IS NOW LOCATED NEAR 9.5N 112.7E, APPROXIMATELY 360 NM EAST OF
HO CHI MINH, VIETNAM. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL SATELLITE IMAGERY
DEPICTS AN EXPOSED LOW-LEVEL CIRCULATION CENTER (LLCC) WITH WEAK
DEEP CONVECTIVE BANDING CONFINED TO THE WESTERN SEMI-CIRCLE. AN
112326Z AMSU IMAGE ALSO SUPPORTS WEAK CONVECTIVE BANDING WITH
ISOLATED BURSTS OF DEEP CONVECTION DISPLACED WEST OF THE CENTER. THE
SYSTEM REMAINS EMBEDDED WITHIN A MARGINAL ENVIRONMENT, POSITIONED
SOUTH OF THE UPPER-LEVEL SUBTROPICAL RIDGE AXIS, WITH LIGHT TO
MODERATE, EASTERLY VERTICAL WIND SHEAR AND DIFFLUENCE ALOFT. THE
LLCC IS LOCATED ALONG THE SOUTHERN EXTENT OF A WEAKENING
NORTHEASTERLY SURGE, WHICH APPEARS TO BE MAINTAINING 15-20 KNOT
SURFACE WINDS. RECENT ASCAT SHOWED 15-20 KNOT WINDS NEAR THE CENTER.
SHIP OBSERVATIONS AROUND THE PERIPHERY OF THE LLCC CONTINUE TO
SUPPORT SLP VALUES NEAR 1006 MB WITH 15 KNOT WINDS. THE PRIMARY
INHIBITING FACTOR APPEARS TO BE THE RELATIVELY DRY, NORTHEASTERLY
FLOW ALONG THE NORTHWESTERN AND WESTERN PERIPHERY OF THE LLCC AS
EVIDENT IN THE TOTAL PRECIPITABLE WATER PRODUCT. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED
SURFACE WINDS ARE ESTIMATED AT 15 TO 20 KNOTS. MINIMUM SEA LEVEL
PRESSURE IS ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1005 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE
DEVELOPMENT OF A SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24
HOURS REMAINS GOOD.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.