Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 04:04:19 -0600

519 
FZPN01 KWBC 121004
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 40N169E 1000 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WILL MOVE SE 10 KT IN 12 
HOURS. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 43N169E TO 38N179E TO 37N180W. WITHIN 
240 NM N AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM N AND E OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N172E 998 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
37N177E TO 3N176W. WITHIN 240 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM W QUADRANT AND 300 NM 
N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N173E 998 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
36N178E TO 33N170W. WITHIN 360 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 49N152W 988 MB WILL MOVE SE 10 KT 
IN 12 HOURS. BETWEEN 240 NM AND 780 NM W AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N144W 995 MB. WITHIN 480 NM W AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS BECOMING ABSORBED BY LOW 
54N134W NOTED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N131W 995 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 48N128W 
TO 44N133W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 180 NM N AND E AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 39N139W 1006 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 300 NM E AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N138W 982 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. WITHIN 360 NM S AND 240 NM 
E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N134W 980 MB. WITHIN 840 NM S AND 420 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N170W 1002 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND 
SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N157W 1009 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 180 
NM N AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 48N BETWEEN 170E AND 160E AREA OF SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 48N AND W OF 165E AREA OF SW WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N150W 995 MB. WITHIN 360 NM W AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 55N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 160W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 59N168W TO 63N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N AND NE OF A 
LINE FROM 56N160W TO 59N168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 
56N BETWEEN 152W AND 157W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 118W AND 123W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.OVER FORECAST WATERS N AND NW OF A LINE FROM 48N160E TO 49N172E 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT WITH MIXED W AND SE SWELL. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 45N 
BETWEEN 123W AND 135W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 
130W. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 33N129W 1025 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N128W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.HIGH 54N179E 1030 MB WILL DRIFT S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N178E 1030 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N180W 1035 MB. 

.HIGH 51N166E 1026 MB WILL MOVE E 15 KT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N146W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N136W 1021 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 45N160E 1030 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SUN DEC 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 14.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
.18 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W
N WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N96W 
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W 
N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W  
N TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT 
IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. N OF 25N W OF 130W SE TO S WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 25N W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL...HIGHEST SEAS NEAR 
08N112W. N OF 25N E OF 123W N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN 
NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N W OF 
100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
NW OF LINE 30N138W TO 28N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
48.HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 15N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. S OF 10N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN E SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N96W TO 11N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 09N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W TO 08N104W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 14 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 07N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W 
AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 03N TO 05N E OF 80W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 81W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA 48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 09N E OF 
89W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC SUN DEC 12...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N78W TO 05N100W TO 
07N110W TO 09N123W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION IS
NEAR 09N126W...AND NEAR 07N129W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.