Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 04:50:49 -0600

807 
FZPN40 PHFO 121050 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 22N155W NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF THE FRONT N OF 24N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 20N145W TO 28N142W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. TROUGH FROM 30N140W TO 24N150W. 
WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N178E TO 23N175E TO 21N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 
15 KT. WARM FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 24N169W MOVING NE 25 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM NE OF WARM FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF COLD FRONT N OF 24N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 20N180W. WARM FRONT 
MOVED N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN FRONT AND 165W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 24N170W TO 20N175W. WINDS
20 KT OR LESS.

.TROUGH FROM 21N150W TO 16N152W TO 11N151W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM E OF TROUGH AND 120 NM W OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 20N174W TO 17N180W TO 11N169E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160E TO 36N174E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N164W TO 23N164W TO 16N170W TO 13N180W MOVING NE 20 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 19N147W MOVING N SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 23N160E TO 29N180E TO 28N171E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 26N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 
24N175E TO 30N178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
24N166E TO 30N179E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
28N260E TO 20N175E TO 30N168W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N155W TO 07N170W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 155W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.