Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 06:36:43 -0600

334 
ATHW40 PHFO 121236 CCA
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE...CORRECTED
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 12 2010

A LARGE CLOUD BAND LINGERED ABOUT 260 MILES EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND 
EARLY THIS SUNDAY MORNING.  THIS BROKEN TO OVERCAST...MULTI-LAYERED 
BAND WAS 300 TO 425 MILES WIDE AND CENTERED ALONG A LINE FROM 14N 
150W THROUGH 30N 141W AND CONTINUED NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD TOWARD THE 
VANCOUVER CANADA/WASHINGTON STATE AREA.  THE BAND...WHICH WAS WIDER 
AT ITS SOUTH END AND NARROWER ALONG 30N LATITUDE...WAS NEARLY 
STATIONARY. 

A FRONT EXTENDING FROM A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM CENTERED NEAR 49N 152W 
PROTRUDED FROM BENEATH THE CLOUD BAND NEAR 30N 142W TO 25N 150W. 
WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWED AN UPPER TROUGH EXTENDING THROUGH 30N 
147W TO 20N 152W TO 08N 162W.  THE UPPER TROUGH WAS MOVING EAST 
NEAR 30 MILES AN HOUR ALONG 30N BUT WAS NEARLY STATIONARY AT ITS 
SOUTH END.  

ANOTHER FRONT WAS FAR WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE STATE.  THIS FRONT 
EXTENDED NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST THROUGH 30N 178W AND 28N 180E.  A 
BAND OF OVERCAST LAYERED CLOUDS LAY ALONG THE FRONT.  SOME BROKEN TO 
OVERCAST CIRRUS CLOUDS WERE SPEWING EASTWARD FROM THE CLOUD BAND.  
THE CIRRUS WAS MAINLY NORTHWEST OF A LINE FROM 30N 163W TO 23N 
180E.  BUT A FEW SMALL PATCHY FRAGMENTS WERE ALREADY REACHING KAUAI 
THIS MORNING.  

NEAR THE ISLANDS...SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS WERE NOTED MAINLY 
AROUND AND JUST NORTH OF MOLOKAI.  A FEW EXTENDED EAST-NORTHEAST 
FROM THE KAUAI CHANNEL AS WELL.  A GREATER AMOUNT OF BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS WAS SEEN NEAR KAUAI AND EXTENDED NORTHWEST FROM THAT ISLAND.  
THE LOW CLOUDS NEAR THE STATE WERE MOVING WEST NEAR 10 MILES AN HOUR.

FAR SOUTH OF THE STATE...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ALONG THE ITCZ WERE 
INTENSIFYING BETWEEN 08N 151W AND 07N 143W.  OTHER ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS WERE NOTED BETWEEN 16N 179W AND 19N 171W.  ALL THE 
STORMS WERE NEARLY STATIONARY.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.