Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 09:50:33 -0600

052 
FZPN01 KWBC 121550
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 39N168E 1000 MB MOVING SE 15 KT WITH FRONT FROM THE LOW 
CENTER TO 30N174W. WITHIN 240 NM W AND NW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 
TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
AND 300 NM NE AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 
21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N172E 996 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
38N172E TO 35N173W. FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 172E AND 160E...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM N OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N173E 998 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 
180W AND 168W...AND WITHIN 360 NM N OF A FRONT FROM 36N180W TO 
34N162W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 50N148W 983 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 660 NM SE...300 NM 
N...AND 840 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N140W 986 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF LOW...480 
NM S OF A LINE FROM 53N130W TO 44N150W...AND FROM 40N TO THE 
ALEUTIAN ISLANDS AND ALASKA COAST BETWEEN 150W AND 166W WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N130W 984 MB. FROM 40N TO 54N E OF 140W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FRONT EXTENDS FROM 49N126W TO 33N137W. WITHIN 240 NM E OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 34N170W 1004 MB. FROM 30N TO 38N 
BETWEEN 161W AND 171W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N154W 1010 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND 180 
NM S SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 58N BETWEEN 166W AND 177W W TO NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N147W 992 MB. WITHIN 600 NM SW AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NW OF AREA 63N165E 1006 MB. FROM 55N 
TO 61N W OF 173W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL W OF AREA 46N152E 981 MB. FROM 39N TO 
50N W OF 166E S TO SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 14 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 55N BETWEEN 153W 
AND 160W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 58N168W TO 63N173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N AND NE OF A 
LINE FROM 56N160W TO 59N168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 
56N BETWEEN 152W AND 157W AND NE OF A LINE FROM 60N167W TO 
62N174W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 132W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 120 NM OF 38N127W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 33N128W 1026 MB MOVING SW 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N133W 1022 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 31N158W 1020 MB MOVING E 30 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N141W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N139W 1022 MB.

.HIGH 51N176E 1031 MB MOVING E 10 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N179W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N180W 1036 MB. 

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC SUN DEC 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 14.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
.09 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N 
WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 
11N98W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.06 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 
96W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.09 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 13N95W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W TO 09.5N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 14N96W TO 07N106W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 13 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 15N BETWEEN 92W 
AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 08N TO 16N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT 
IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. N OF 27N W OF 135W S WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE W OF LINE FROM 25N115W TO 09N101W TO 00N104W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. N OF 25N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 125W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 14N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N W OF 
100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 17N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.FROM 02N TO 05N E OF 80W SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 81W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 08N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULFS OF 
PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 90W...INCLUDING GULFS OF 
PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PANAMA N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W...INCLUDING GULF 
OF PANAMA N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC SUN DEC 12...

.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG FROM 02N TO 06N E OF 81W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N77W TO 07N83W TO 
05N94W TO 09N124W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG 
WITHIN 60 NM N AND 90 NM S OF AXIS BETWEEN 125W AND 135W.

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.