Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:45:07 -0600

886 
FZPN40 PHFO 121645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 22N175E TO 21N160E MOVING E 15 KT. WARM 
FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 25N168W MOVING NE 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT 
WITHIN 120 NM NE OF WARM FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM SE OF COLD FRONT N OF 25N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 20N180W. WARM FRONT 
N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND 160W N 
OF 26N. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 23N170W. WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 23N155W NEARLY STATIONARY AND WEAKENING.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 22N150W TO 17N153W TO 11N153W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 420 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 14N.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 18N176W TO 11N170E MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 162E AND 175E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N174E TO 24N170E. WINDS 20 TO
25 KT WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N.

.RIDGE FROM 30N160E TO 26N174E MOVING S SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N163W TO 20N167W TO 14N178W MOVING NE 15 KT.

.RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 19N147W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 29N180E TO 28N170E. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 27N E OF 150W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N162E TO 
27N170E TO 30N178W. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
19N160E TO 23N175E TO 30N175W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N160E TO 
23N175E TO 24N173E TO 30N180E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A 
LINE FROM 22N160E TO 18N170E TO 24N175W TO 30N158W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N155W TO 07N170W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 155W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.