Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 15:56:54 -0600

892 
FZPN01 KWBC 122156
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 12. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 13. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 14. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 38N169E 997 MB MOVING SE 15 KT WITH FRONT FROM LOW TO 
37N178E TO 34N176W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 420 NM W 
SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM N AND NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 12 TO 25 FT...HIGHEST IN SW QUADRANT OF LOW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N174E 996 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
37N174E TO 34N166W. FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 174E AND 160E...AND 
WITHIN 360 NM N OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N173E 998 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
36N180W TO 34N164W. FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 180W AND 168E...AND 
WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 19 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 51N150W 985 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. WITHIN 780 NM SE...840 NM 
SW...720 NM NW...AND 360 NM N QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH NEW LOW TO FORM 54N140W 
988 MB. WITHIN 720 NM W QUADRANT AND 420 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 
52N130W TO 41N152W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. FROM 41N TO 53N E OF 140W W TO NW 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 32N173W 1005 MB MOVING E 25 KT. FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 
178W AND 167W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N161W 1006 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
166W AND 156W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N150W 1014 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST ACROSS THE BERING SEA E OF 174W N TO NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ACROSS THE BERING SEA WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM 56N161W TO 61N175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST BETWEEN A LINE FROM 43N145W TO 47N166W AND THE 
ALASKA COAST AND ALEUTIAN ISLANDS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 50N152E 973 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS W OF A LINE FROM 37N164E TO 46N169E TO 53N168E WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 20 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE AND E OF A LINE 
FROM 56N161W TO 58N169W TO 62N170W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 62N E OF 
172W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY NE 
OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 62N174W.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 47N125W TO 35N135W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 130W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM OF 39N127W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 31N156W 1020 MB MOVING E 20 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N146W 1021 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N139W 1022 MB.

.HIGH 33N128W 1026 MB MOVING SW 15 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA.

.HIGH 52N176E 1030 MB MOVING SE 05 KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N180W 1031 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N177W 1038 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 46N160E 1031 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 50N177W.

.FORECASTER COLLINS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC SUN DEC 12.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 13.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 14.

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N95W N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12.5N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 
11N98W N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13.5N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N TO NE WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 13 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...N OF 14N 
BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 11N95.5W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 09N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 08N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...N OF 05N BETWEEN 
95W TO 105W N TO NE WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.FROM 08N TO 18N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
ELSEWHERE SW OF LINE FROM 22N140W TO 15N100W TO 00N100W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL. N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 122W AND 125W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MIXED N WIND 
WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SW OF A LINE FROM 17N140W TO 09N101W TO 
00N108W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS 
THAN 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.FROM 02N TO 05N E OF 80W SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 06N E OF 81W SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA 36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 08N E OF 
90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 

.GULF OF PANAMA 42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC SUN DEC 12...

.TROUGH 13N129W TO 08N128W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM OF 
TROUGH AXIS S OF 11N.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N77W TO 07N90W TO 
05N100W TO 07N110W TO 09N125W.  AXIS AGAIN CONTINUES FROM 
09N132W TO 08N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS E 
OF 82W.

$$
.FORECASTER LANDSEA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.