Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:45:11 -0600

349 
FZPN40 PHFO 122245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC SUN DEC 12 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 12 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 13 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 14 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 24N179W TO 21N168E TO 20N160E. FRONT 
MOVING E 15KT E OF 175E...NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. WARM FRONT 
FROM 30N170W TO 27N169W MOVING NE 20 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 
180 NM E OF WARM FRONT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 27N BETWEEN 
169W AND 176W. ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF COLD FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 20N179E. WARM FRONT 
MOVED N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND 
159W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 23N171W. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 24N151W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT N OF 27N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 26N151W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 22N150W TO 17N154W TO 12N154W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 540 NM E OF TROUGH BETWEEN 14N AND 18N. 

.TROUGH FROM 21N172W TO 15N174E TO 12N170E NEARLY STATIONARY. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM SE OF TROUGH.

.TROUGH FROM 12N163E TO 06N160E MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF TROUGH S OF 09N. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 
162E AND 178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N173E TO 26N174E. 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 165E AND 178E. 

.RIDGE FROM 25N140W TO 22N145W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N160E TO 26N175E MOVING S 10 KT. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT W OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 21N167E. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT BETWEEN 06N AND 13N E OF 153W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 162E AND 178E. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 27N172W TO 
20N176E TO 18N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT FROM 23N TO 26N BETWEEN 167E TO 
176E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 16N176E 
TO 16N160E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 07N140W TO 08N151W TO 08N162W TO 06N168W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ E OF 157W.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.