Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 20:49:31 -0600

831 
ATPQ40 PGUM 130249
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST MON DEC 13 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A COLD FRONT CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM NEAR MIDWAY ISLAND THROUGH 
23N180 TO 21N175E...THEN CONTINUES WESTWARD AS A SHEAR LINE TO END 
AT 22N146E. CLOUDINESS AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THE COLD FRONT. CLOUDINESS AND SCATTERED SHOWERS 
ARE PRESENT ALONG AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THE SHEAR LINE. 

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS NORTHEASTWARD FROM EQ138E TO 12N149E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING WITHIN AN 
AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 7N142E TO 5N130E TO EQ130E TO 3N133E TO 
3N143E TO 12N150E TO 10N144E BACK TO 7N142E. THIS AREA IS LOCATED 
SOUTH OF KOROR...YAP AND GUAM BUT LIES WEST OF CHUUK.

ANOTHER SURFACE TROUGH REACHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 6N156E ACROSS 
POHNPEI TO END AT 9N163E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND WITHIN 70 
MILES OF THE TROUGH AXIS.

$$

AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.