Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 22:07:24 -0600

525 
FZPN01 KWBC 130407
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC MON DEC 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 35N170E 997 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 39N170E 
TO 37N180W TO 35N175W. WITHIN 420 NM NW AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS 
AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N174E 997 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 34N174E 
TO 35N173W. WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N172E 1000 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 51N147W 987 MB WILL MOVE E 15 KT.
WITHIN 720 NM W AND 540 NM S AND 420 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N132W 984 MB. WITHIN 600 NM S AND 540 NM 
W AND 360 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS MERGED INTO LOW 
58N141W MENTIONED BELOW.

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 33N172W 1003 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM N AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N170W 1003 MB. WITHIN 720 NM E AND 360 
NM N QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N148W 1010 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST ACROSS THE BERING SEA E OF 170W N TO NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST ACROSS THE BERING SEA WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM 56N161W TO 61N175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N147W 990 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N141W 986 MB. WITHIN 720 NM S AND 480 NM 
W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 34N W OF 168E AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE AND E OF A LINE 
FROM 56N161W TO 58N169W TO 62N170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 62N E OF 
172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF LIGHT TO MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY NE 
OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 62N174W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 41N126W TO 36N133W S TO SW 
WINDS TO 15 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 38N TO 49N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 40N E OF 130W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 34N129W 1024 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 52N177E 1030 MB DRIFTING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N177E 1033 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N176W 1038 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC MON DEC 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 15.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 13 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12.5N96.5W 
N TO NE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 60 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96.5W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 120 NM OF 
A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 11N97.5W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 180 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 08N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96.5W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT. N OF 03N BETWEEN 92W TO 107W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 17N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
NW OF A LINE FROM 26N140W TO 30N138W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN W SWELL. ELSEWHERE SW OF LINE FROM 20N140W TO 
10N100W TO 00N100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
PRIMARILY NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST S OF 15N W OF 132W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN PRIMARILY E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 18N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN PRIMARILY E SWELL. 

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 25N NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. 
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N E OF 
88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 09N E OF 89W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 

.GULF OF PANAMA 30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 80W N WINDS 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N E OF 81W N WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC MON DEC 13...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N78W TO 05N98W TO 
07N111W TO 09N128W.  AXIS AGAIN CONTINUES FROM 09N133W TO 
08N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W OF 137W AND 
WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS E OF 82W.

$$
.FORECASTER LANDSEA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.