Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 22:45:10 -0600

277 
FZPN40 PHFO 130445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC MON DEC 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N172W TO 24N180W TO 22N174E THENCE A STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 20N160E. COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT N OF 24N. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS N OF 27N 
BETWEEN 169W AND 176W. ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF COLD 
FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N164W TO 20N179E. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT N OF 28N BETWEEN COLD FRONT AND 156W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N158W TO 23N171W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 28N BETWEEN 165W AND 178W.

.FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 24N151W NEARLY STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 26N151W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 23N151W TO 18N154W TO 13N155W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 120 TO 540 NM E OF TROUGH BETWEEN 15N AND 
20N.

.TROUGH FROM 17N176E TO 11N173E MOVING W SLOWLY. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 
164E AND 179E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N173E TO 26N174E. 
WINDS DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS WITHIN FORECAST AREA. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N154W TO 20N164W TO 17N170W TO 16N177W NEARLY 
STATIONARY. 

.RIDGE FROM 28N160E TO 25N170E MOVING S 10 KT. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT W OF A LINE FROM 30N178W TO 21N167E. SEAS 9 TO 10 
FT BETWEEN 06N AND 13N E OF 153W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF 25N BETWEEN 162E AND 178E. 
SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 27N172W TO 
20N176E TO 18N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT FROM 23N TO 26N BETWEEN 167E TO 
176E. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 16N176E 
TO 16N160E. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N165W TO 08N173W TO 06N177E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 09N163E TO 
08N160E...AND WITHIN 90 NM OF A LINE FROM 21N172W TO 17N177W.

$$
.FORECASTER POWELL. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.