Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 04:00:29 -0600

186 
FZPN01 KWBC 131000
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC MON DEC 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N172E 996 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 37N171E 
TO 38N179E TO 36N175W. WITHIN 420 NM NW AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS 
AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 16 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N176E 998 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 34N175E 
TO 35N177W. WITHIN 420 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND 300 NM N AND E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N172E 1002 MB. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
30N177E. WITHIN 600 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER 51N145W 990 MB WILL MOVE E 20 KT. 
FRONT EXTENDS 55N136W TO 50N134W. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT AND 
BETWEEN 300 NM AND 600 NM W QUADRANT AND 120 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N132W 978 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 540 NM 
W QUADRANTS AND 180 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS INLAND. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N170W 1005 MB MOVING E 25 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
300 NM N AND E QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N157W 1010 MB. WITHIN 720 NM E AND 360 
NM N QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N145W 1014 MB. WITHIN 480 NM NW QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST ACROSS THE BERING SEA N OF 57N E OF 173W AREA 
OF N TO NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST ACROSS THE BERING SEA WITHIN 360 NM SW OF A 
LINE FROM 56N161W TO 61N175W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N147W 991 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 982 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 840 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS AND 240 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 37N AND W OF 164E AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 45N AND W OF 164E AREA OF S WINDS 35 TO 
45 KT. SEAS 17 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 35N161W TO 
55N171E AREA OF S WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.  

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE AND E OF A LINE 
FROM 56N161W TO 58N169W TO 62N170W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE FREEZING SPRAY N OF 62N E OF 
172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY NE 
OF A LINE FROM 56N160W TO 62N173W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 41N126W TO 36N133W S TO SW 
WINDS TO 15 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 124W AND 130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 37N TO 40N E OF 130W. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS TO IMPROVE. 

.HIGH 34N127W 1024 MB MOVING SW 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 52N179E 1030 MB DRIFTING SW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 49N175E 1035 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N176W 1040 MB. 

.FORECASTER MCRANDAL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC MON DEC 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 15.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 17 FT. WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 09N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 08N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 
10N100W N TO NE WINDS 2O TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 13N BETWEEN 94W AND 107W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 17N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
N OF 26N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 20N W OF 130W...AND S OF 15N BETWEEN 100W AND 
130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 15N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. S OF 10N W OF 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT 
IN PRIMARILY E SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 15N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. 

.FROM 04N TO 06N E OF 85W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF CALIFORNIA N OF 28N NW 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA 06 HOUR FORECAST N OF 10N E OF 
90W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 09N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 88W AND 94W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF PANAMA 24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC MON DEC 13...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N77W TO 05N95W TO 
07N110W TO 06N120W TO 09N132W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
CONVECTION IS WITHIN 120 NM OF AXIS E OF 82W TO THE COAST OF 
COLOMBIA.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.