Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 04:45:12 -0600

492 
FZPN40 PHFO 131045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC MON DEC 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 22N180W TO 20N160E MOVING E 15 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 163E AND 176W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS N OF 20N BETWEEN 165W AND 176W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 23N170W TO 18N180W. 
WINDS 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N152W TO 28N170W TO 27N180W. WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT N OF FRONT.

.FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 24N151W STATIONARY. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN
60 NM OF FRONT N OF 28N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.TROUGH FROM 23N151W TO 19N154W TO 14N155W MOVING NW 10 KT. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM E OF TROUGH.

.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 25N BETWEEN 
165E AND 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N173E TO 26N174E. 
WINDS DECREASED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N153W TO 18N165W TO 14N180W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.RIDGE FROM 28N160E TO 25N179E MOVING S 10 KT. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 163E AND 178E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 24N175E TO 30N178W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF 24N W OF 180E. SEAS 8 TO
12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 22N160E TO 19N165E TO 20N178E TO 
29N170W TO 29N160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 15N160E TO 
15N175E TO 21N170W TO 30N155W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N160W TO 08N180W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 157W AND W OF 176W.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 13N AND 20N E OF 150W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.