Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 06:30:41 -0600

073 
ATHW40 PHFO 131230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON DEC 13 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC DECEMBER 13 2010

A WIDE CORRIDOR OF MOSTLY BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXTENDED NORTHEASTWARD 
FROM THE STATE.  THE SOUTHEAST EDGE OF THIS CORRIDOR OR BAND 
STRETCHED FROM 16N 155W TO 23N 150W THROUGH 30N 140W.  THE 
NORTHWEST EDGE EXTENDED FROM 24N 160W THROUGH 30N 145W.  THIS 
NORTHEAST TO SOUTHWEST ALIGNED AREA OF LOW CLOUDS REPRESENTED THE 
REMNANT OF AN OLD FRONTAL CLOUD BAND.  THE OLD CLOUD BAND HAD 
DECAYED AND THE CLOUDS HAD SPREAD OUT TO FORM THIS WIDE...FRAGMENTED 
CORRIDOR OF LOW CLOUDS.  THIS ENTIRE CORRIDOR AS A WHOLE WAS 
DRIFTING SLOWLY TOWARD THE NORTH. 

NUMEROUS BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ALONG THE SOUTH END OF THIS WIDE BAND 
WERE CURRENTLY MOVING ONTO THE BIG ISLAND.  THE CLOUDS WERE MAINLY 
AFFECTING THE COAST AND LOWER SLOPES AND ADJACENT WATERS ALONG THE 
NORTHEAST THROUGH SOUTHEAST TO SOUTH SIDES OF THE ISLAND.  SOME 
CLOUDS WERE MOVING OVER MAUI AS WELL.  BUT THE OTHER ISLANDS WERE 
MOSTLY CLEAR AT 2 AM.  THE CLOUDS NEAR THE ISLANDS WERE MOVING 
NORTHWEST WITH TOPS MOSTLY IN THE 10000 TO 15000 FEET RANGE. 

A COUPLE OF ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WERE LINGERING ABOUT 175 MILES 
EAST-NORTHEAST OF HILO EARLY THIS MORNING.  TOPS WERE NEAR 35000 
FEET.  OTHER THUNDERSTORMS WERE FORMING ALONG AND JUST AHEAD OF A 
FRONT FROM 30N 165W TO 20N 175W TO 17N 180E.  TOPS THERE WERE NEAR 
47000 FEET.  ITCZ THUNDERSTORMS WERE RELATIVELY SPARSE AND WEAKENING 
BETWEEN 08N 160W AND 08N 141W. 

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.