Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 08:50:40 -0600

634 
ATPQ40 PGUM 131450
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST TUE DEC 14 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A TRADE-WIND TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 12N146E TO A WEAK 
CIRCULATION SOUTH OF KOROR AT 4N138E. A NEAR-EQUATORIAL TROUGH 
EXTENDS WESTWARD FROM THE CIRCULATION TO BEYOND 130E AT 5N. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE OCCURRING NEAR YAP 
AND KOROR WITHIN 150 MILES OF A LINE FROM 5N130E TO 5N137E TO 
10N143E.

A COLD FRONT CURVES WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD FROM SOUTH OF MIDWAY ISLAND 
AT 21N180 TO 19N168E...THEN CONTINUES WESTWARD AS A DISSIPATING 
STATIONARY FRONT TO END NORTH OF THE CNMI NEAR 21N147E. CLOUDINESS 
AND PATCHY RAIN ARE FOUND ALONG AND UP TO 300 MILES NORTHWEST OF THE 
COLD FRONT AND UP TO 200 MILES NORTH OF THE DISSIPATING STATIONARY 
FRONT.

A DISSIPATING COLD FRONT CURVES SOUTHWESTWARD FROM 17N180 TO 
14N170E...THEN CONTINUES WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AS A SHEARLINE TO 
11N155E...TURNING WEST-NORTHWESTWARD TO END EAST OF GUAM NEAR 
12N148E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE PRESENT ALONG AND UP TO 250 MILES 
NORTHWEST OF THE WEAKENING COLD FRONT.

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 5N155E TO 10N159E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE FOUND SOUTHEAST OF CHUUK WITHIN 100 MILES OF 
5N154E...AND NEAR POHNPEI BETWEEN 6N AND 9N FROM 158E TO 163E.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.