Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:01:08 -0600

595 
FZPN01 KWBC 131601
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON DEC 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 46N148W 993 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SE 
QUADRANTS...AND 480 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N132W 973 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE AND 240 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N140W 987 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM 
SW QUADRANT AND WITHIN 180 NM E OF A FRONT FROM 53N132W TO 
45N135W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MERGED WITH LOW 52N132W NOTED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N173E 996 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 36N171E TO 36N177W TO 33N168W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
600 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 480 NM N OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N174E 999 MB. WITHIN 720 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N171E 1004 MB. WITHIN 720 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N168W 1006 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
360 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N155W 1012 MB. WITHIN 420 NM N AND NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N146W 1014 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N146W 986 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 720 
NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N145W 981 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 480 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS AND WITHIN 600 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 480 NM W OF A FRONT FROM 60N179W TO 
55N175W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS ABSORBED INTO LOW 57N145W NOTED 
ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 40N AND W OF 165E 
AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N161E 995 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 660 NM E 
AND SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 30N175W 1005 MB. WITHIN 660 NM N AND 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT.

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY N OF 
A LINE FROM 57N157W TO 58N168W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 40N AND W OF 172E. 

.HIGH 31N132W 1023 MB MOVING SW 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 32N147W 1020 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N144W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N136W 1020 MB. 

.HIGH 51N178E 1031 MB MOVING SW 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N178E 1037 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N177W 1041 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON DEC 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 15.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC STORM WARNING...
.WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 18 FT. WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N 
WINDS 30 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 30 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W N 
TO NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNINGS...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 09N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM OF 
LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 08N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 
10N100W N TO NE WINDS 2O TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 15N BETWEEN 94W AND 96W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 93W AND 108W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 09N TO 17N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
ELSEWHERE S OF 22N W OF 130W...AND S OF 15N BETWEEN 100W AND 
130W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN PRIMARILY NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 20N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. FROM 09N TO 12N BETWEEN 129W AND 135W NE 
TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 14N W OF 137W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 122W AND 137W NE TO E WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.N OF 24N W OF 133W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW 
SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 137W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 27N W OF 133W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA N OF 10N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 08N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 08N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 88W AND 93W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.GULF OF PANAMA 18 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1400 UTC MON DEC 13...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N78W TO 06N105W TO 
07N115W TO 06N125W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 180 NM 
S AND 120 NM N OF AXIS E OF 84W TO THE COAST OF COLOMBIA.

$$
.FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.