Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:45:21 -0600

399 
FZPN40 PHFO 131645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON DEC 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N169W TO 22N180W TO 19N160E MOVING E 10 KT. 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 26N BETWEEN 161W AND 166W. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 175E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 25N170W TO 18N180W. WINDS 
DIMINISHING TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N149W TO 28N155W TO 30N163W. WINDS
20 KT OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 26N150W THENCE TROUGH TO 23N155W 
TO 16N157W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM E OF TROUGH.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT AND TROUGH DISSIPATED.

.LOW N OF FORECAST AREA. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 163E AND 
176E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N174E TO 24N171E. 
WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW NEAR 30N173W 1005 MB.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 21N150W MOVING N SLOWLY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N152W TO 26N158W TO 16N166W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.RIDGE FROM 26N160E TO 23N170E TO 27N176W. MOVING S SLOWLY. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 19 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 161E AND 178E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 20N160E TO 22N175E TO 30N176W. SEAS 8 TO 
10 FT N OF 26N BETWEEN 162W AND 171W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF 22N W OF 179W. SEAS 8 TO
12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 19N160E TO 20N178E TO 28N170W TO 
30N153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N160E TO 
14N170E TO 20N172W TO 30N153W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N160W TO 08N180W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ E OF 164W AND WITHIN 90 NM S OF ITCZ W OF 
175W. 

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 14N AND 20N E OF 149W.

$$
.FORECASTER CRAIG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.