Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:00:09 -0600

500 
ATHW40 PHFO 131800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC MON DEC 13 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC DECEMBER 13 2010

LOW CEILINGS...SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...ARE PREVALENT IN 
COASTAL AND UPSLOPE AREAS OF THE KAU...PUNA...AND HILO DISTRICTS ON 
THE BIG ISLAND THIS MORNING...AND TO A LESSER EXTENT HAMAKUA.  
BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS HAS ALSO BEEN AFFECTING...AT LEAST FROM TIME 
TO TIME...UPSLOPE SECTIONS OF EAST MAUI...AND MAUKA PORTIONS OF 
WEST MAUI...MOLOKAI AND LANAI.  SKIES ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO PARTLY 
CLOUDY.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS NEAR 15 MPH ACROSS THE ALOHA STATE...
FROM THE EAST-SOUTHEAST NEAR THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERING TO SOUTH- 
SOUTHEAST MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

A BAND OF BROKEN SHOWERY LOW CLOUDINESS...WITH EMBEDDED TOWERING 
CUMULUS CLOUDS...STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM THE BIG ISLAND AND IS 
HEADING NORTHWEST WITH THE PREVAILING LOW-LEVEL FLOW.  THE BAND THEN 
EXTENDS JUST EAST OF THE ISLE AND CONTINUES OFF TO THE SOUTH.  
SMALLER AREAS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXIST WEST OF KAU 
AND SOUTH KONA ON THE BIG ISLAND...NORTH OF MAUI COUNTY...SOUTH 
CLOCKWISE THROUGH WEST OF OAHU...AND NORTH OF KAUAI.  CONDITIONS ARE 
CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

A LINE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS AHEAD OF A FRONT IS WEST OF THE 
ISLANDS AND HAS BEEN PUSHING EAST NEAR 15 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX 
HOURS.  THE LEADING EDGE OF THE CONVECTION IS APPROXIMATELY 450 
MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI AS OF BULLETIN TIME...WITH MOST OF THE 
ACTIVITY CURRENTLY WITHIN 90 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 
30N163W TO 21N170W TO 17N180.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII...THOUGH MOST OF THE CELLS ARE 
WEAK AND WIDELY SEPARATED.  THE CONVECTION IS MAINLY FOUND FROM 
06.5N TO 10N BETWEEN 136W AND 165W...AND FROM 06.5N TO 09.5N WEST OF 
174W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.