Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 15:47:13 -0600

862 
FZPN01 KWBC 132147
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON DEC 13 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 13. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 14. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 15. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 39N AND W OF 165E 
AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 46N AND W OF 166E AREA OF SE WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N161E 986 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
42N AND W OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N137W 989 MB MOVING NE 15 KT WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER TO 
46N136W TO 38N142W. WITHIN 900 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 360 
NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N131W 978 MB. WITHIN 180 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 660 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N174E 996 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 36N173E TO 36N177W TO 34N166W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
660 NM NW SEMICIRCLE AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM N OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N173E 999 MB. WITHIN 720 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N172E 1006 MB. WITHIN 720 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 34N166W 1007 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
360 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N154W 1014 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N145W 1014 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 59N146W 984 MB. BETWEEN 120 NM AND 900 
NM SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N146W 982 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM N AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 23 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM N 
AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 62N178E 1018 MB WITH A FRONT FROM CENTER 
TO 59N176W TO 53N170W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM S 
QUADRANT AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM W OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH 
LOW 56N146W NOTED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 30N177W 1005 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE WITHIN 780 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 
FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 57N157W TO 58N167W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N139W 986 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 900 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 41N AND W 
OF 174E VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM. 

.HIGH 31N131W 1023 MB MOVING SW 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 31N146W 1022 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N142W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N135W 1019 MB. 

.HIGH 50N178E 1031 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 51N179E 1038 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N176W 1041 MB. 

.HIGH 46N162E 1031 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 51N179E NOTED ABOVE. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON DEC 13.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 14.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 15.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 09N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 
10N100W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 05N TO 14N BETWEEN 93W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 09N BETWEEN 92W AND 105W WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.

.FROM 12N TO 16N BETWEEN 131W AND 135W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 19N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA N OF 09N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 08N E OF 91W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.GULF OF PANAMA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON DEC 13...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 05N78W TO 06N106W TO 
07N115W TO 06N125W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.