Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:08:59 -0600

380 
FZPN40 PHFO 132308 CCA
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST...CORRECTED
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON DEC 13 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 13 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 14 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 15 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT RELOCATED TO 30N165W TO 27N167W TO 23N172W TO 18N180E TO 
15N164E. FRONT MOVING E 15 KT ALONG 30N...AND BECOMING STATIONARY W 
OF 170W. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 159W AND 165W. SCATTERED 
TO NUMEROUS STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM SE OF FRONT E OF 180E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 24N179E 
TO 18N168E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF 
FRONT BETWEEN 180E AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N159W TO 26N166W TO 
24N170W TO 21N180E TO 16N170E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 28N174W 1007 MB MOVING N 10 KT. STATIONARY 
FRONT THROUGH 30N156W TO 30N160W TO LOW. FRONT FROM LOW TO 30N160W 
24N172W TO 19N180E TO 15N175E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 
164W AND 178W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA NEAR 30N177W WITH ASSOCIATED 
GALE WINDS DEVELOPING N OF 30N. ASSOCIATED WINDS IN AREA DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS. STATIONARY FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 29N154W TO 
30N160W TO 30N166W THENCE COLD FRONT TO 25N170W TO 20N175W TO 
14N178E. 
SEE FZPN01 KWBC FOR FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N. 

.LOW N OF AREA NEAR 33N175E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF 27N BETWEEN 162E AND 179E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA NEAR 33N174E. TROUGH FROM 30N174E TO 
23N171E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATING N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N178E TO 
28N176W. 
SEE FZPN01 KWBC FOR FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N. 

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 25N150W TO 24N157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 25N145W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 25N160E TO 23N170E TO 25N177W MOVING S SLOWLY WHILE 
EASTERN PORTION ERODES. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N149W TO 24N160W TO 14N180E MOVING N 15 KT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT N OF 27N W OF 178E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE N OF 
A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 27N162W TO 27N175W TO 20N175E TO 18N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N162W TO 
20N176W TO 17N175E TO 17N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N159W T0 
21N170W TO 17N177E TO 26N160E. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N160W TO 08N174W TO 06N178E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 11N E OF 154W...AND WITHIN 60 NM OF ITCZ 
W OF 174W. 

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 15N TO 21N E OF 148W.

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.