Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 18:00:12 -0600

555 
ATHW40 PHFO 140000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC DECEMBER 13 2010

CONVECTIVE LOW CLOUDS FROM THE HEATING OF THE DAY HAVE BEEN FORMING 
OVER THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.  CEILINGS HAVE BEEN 
FAVORING MAUKA...UPSLOPE AND INTERIOR SECTIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL 
ISLES.  THIS HAS BEEN ESPECIALLY THE CASE OVER EAST MAUI AND THE BIG 
ISLAND AS OF BULLETIN TIME.  OTHER AREAS ARE SUNNY TO PARTLY CLOUDY. 
LOW CLOUD MOTION IS NEAR 15 MPH STATEWIDE...FROM THE EAST-SOUTHEAST 
JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND VEERING TO THE SOUTH-SOUTHEAST 
MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

AREAS OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS ARE PASSING BY NORTH OF THE 
BIG ISLAND AND MAUI COUNTY...AND TO THE WEST OF THE BIG ISLAND.  
CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED ELSEWHERE IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.

THE LEADING EDGE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS AHEAD OF A FRONT IS 
ABOUT 400 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF KAUAI...AND HAS BEEN HEADING EAST 
NEAR 10 MPH OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.  MOST OF THE CONVECTION IS 
CURRENTLY WITHIN 90 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N161W TO 
21N168W TO 18N176W TO 16N180.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS REMAIN FAIRLY WEAK AND WIDELY SEPARATED 
ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST 
OF THE ACTIVITY IS LOCATED FROM 06.5N TO 10N BETWEEN 136W AND 155W...
AND FROM 07N TO 10N WEST OF 175W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.