Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:07:12 -0600

815 
FZPN01 KWBC 140407
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS N OF 41N W OF 162E AREA OF S WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 20 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 38N W OF 173E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N161E 986 MB. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 
42N W OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 50N133W 984 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 840 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N130W 985 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 840 NM SW AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N175E 997 MB MOVING W 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 36N173E 
TO 37N177W TO 34N166W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 660 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N171E 1002 MB. WITHIN 720 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N172E 1009 MB. WITHIN 780 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N161W 1009 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
360 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N152W 1014 MB. WITHIN 360 NM N AND NE 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N144W 1012 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 981 MB. WITHIN 900 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N147W 988 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 300 NM N AND 420 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SW SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM N 
AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 240 NM SW OF A LINE FROM 54N163W TO 
61N176W AREA OF NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY LOW 55N147W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N175W 1001 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE WITHIN 720 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NE OF A LINE FROM 57N157W TO 58N167W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N138W 988 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE 
BETWEEN 180 NM AND 900 NM W QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

.LOW 61N159W 1002 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 420 NM W SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 42N AND W OF 172E.  

.HIGH 31N145W 1020 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N144W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N135W 1019 MB. 

.HIGH 49N179E 1034 MB WILL MOVE NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N177W 1039 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N175W 1040 MB. 

.HIGH 46N167E 1033 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 50N177W. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE DEC 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 16.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 12N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 12N97W TO 09N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 101W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W TN 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 
14N BETWEEN 94W AND 106W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 11N TO 15N BETWEEN 132W AND 136W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 17N W OF 137W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULFS OF PAPAGAYO AND FONSECA N OF 09N E OF 90W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 07N E OF 91W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE DEC 14...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N81W TO 05N95W TO 
08N117W TO 06N125W TO 08N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.