Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 22:42:12 -0600

170 
FZPN40 PHFO 140442
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 26N167W TO 23N171W THENCE STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 20N177W TO 15N169W. COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 159W AND 163W. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 270 NM SE OF FRONT. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 
NM EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 18N171W TO 24N179W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N156W TO 29N160W TO29N170W 
TO NEW LOW 28N176W 1007 MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 27N170W TO 20N176W TO 
14N177E. E TO SE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 165W AND 176W. 
SE TO S WINDS 20 TO 25 KT FROM 23N TO 28N BETWEEN 168W AND 172W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA WITH ASSOCIATED GALE FORCE 
WINDS DEVELOPING N OF 30N. ASSOCIATED WINDS IN AREA DIMINISHED 
TO 20 KT OR LESS. STATIONARY FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 30N154W TO 
30N164W THENCE COLD FRONT TO 25N170W TO 20N175W TO 20N178E. 
SEE FZPN01 KWBC FOR FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N. 

.LOW N OF AREA NEAR 33N175E NEARLY STATIONARY. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N 
OF 26N BETWEEN 161E AND 179E. TROUGH FROM 30N176E TO 27N170E TO 
27N166E MOVING SE 15 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF 
TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N174E TO 23N172E. 
ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATING N OF AREA. TROUGH FROM 30N178E TO 
28N177W. 
SEE FZPN01 KWBC FOR FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N. 

.DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 26N147W TO 26N154W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 26N140W TO 25N145W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 25N160E TO 22N170E TO 24N179E MOVING S SLOWLY WHILE 
EASTERN PORTION ERODES. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N148W TO 24N160W TO 15N178W MOVING N 15 KT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 18 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N180W TO 24N170E TO 24N160E. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT ELSEWHERE NW OF A LINE FROM 30N158W TO 23N180W TO 
20N173E TO 18N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N163W TO 
20N177W TO 16N170E TO 16N160E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N159W T0 
21N170W TO 17N177E TO 20N180E TO 20N160E.

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N160W TO 09N173W TO 07N172E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS FROM 07N TO 11N E OF 153W...AND FROM 07N TO 11N 
BETWEEN 174W AND 178E.  

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 17N TO 20N E OF 145W...AND FROM 05N TO 
08N W OF 165E. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.