Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 03:35:31 -0600

700 
FZPN01 KWBC 140935
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.06 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS N OF 39N W OF 166E AREA OF S TO SE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST OVER WATERS N OF 45N W OF 166E AREA OF S WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 39N W OF 175E 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N163E 996 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 660 NM 
E AND SE AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N131W 974 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. WITHIN 840 NM SW SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND 55N128W 991 MB. CONDITIONS 
DESCRIBED BY LOW 58N143W BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N175E 997 MB MOVING W 10 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM 36N173E 
TO 37N177W TO 34N166W. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 660 NM NW 
SEMICIRCLE AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM N OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N171E 1002 MB. WITHIN 840 NM N AND NE 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N173E 1009 MB. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY 
LOW 33N174W BELOW.  

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 59N147W 988 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN 840 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N143W 981 MB. WITHIN 1020 NM SW...900 NM 
SE QUADRANTS...AND 180 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N146W 990 MB. WITHIN 300 NM W SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 900 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM N AND NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 53N TO 58N W OF 180W AREA OF W TO NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY LOW 58N143W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 33N174W 1000 MB. WITHIN 720 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.E AND NE OF A LINE FROM 62N169W TO 64N172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 58N TO 60N E OF 166W AND ALSO N OF 63N E 
OF 172W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 58N TO 60N E OF 165W AREAS OF MODERATE TO 
HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 33N159W 1012 MB MOVING E 15 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
300 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N151W 1016 MB. WITHIN 300 NM N AND NW 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N142W 1012 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.  

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 42N AND W OF 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 43N BETWEEN 172E AND 166E. 

.HIGH 31N145W 1022 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N144W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N130W 1019 MB. 

.HIGH 49N179E 1035 MB WILL MOVE NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 50N176W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N173W 1040 MB.  

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE DEC 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED DEC 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU DEC 16.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W TO 09N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 06N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W TO 
11.5N101W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 
13N BETWEEN 94W AND 106W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 15N W OF 132W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 20N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE WIND WAVES. NW OF LINE 30N135W TO 27N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 17N TO 22N W OF 135W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT. N OF 28N BETWEEN 125W AND 135W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 11N BETWEEN 88W AND 94W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 11N E OF 92W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NE SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N TO 10N BETWEEN 
90W AND 100W...AND FROM 04N TO 12N BETWEEN 100W AND 108W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 12N E OF 88W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 87W AND 96W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL. 

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 12N E OF 90W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA 12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN N WIND WAVES.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE DEC 14...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N77W TO 05N100W TO 
08N118W TO 06N130W TO 06N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE CONVECTION 
NEAR 07N129W.

$$
.FORECASTER GR. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.