Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 04:45:13 -0600

781 
FZPN40 PHFO 141045
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC DEC 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC DEC 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 18N177E 1007 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WARM FRONT FROM LOW TO 22N177W 
TO 23N170W MOVING N TO 20 KT. WARM FRONT CONTINUES E THROUGH 
30N162W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 23N AND 14N FROM 177W TO 
173E. ALSO...ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM N OF FRONT E OF 170W.
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. WARM FRONT FROM 26N180E TO 26N170W 
TO 27N166W TO 30N162W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT FROM 28N180E TO A NEW LOW AT 29N173W 
1007 MB...CONTINUES TO 30N170W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF LOW. SEE
LATEST FZPN KWBC FOR MORE DETAILS ON THIS LOW.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND WARM FRONT MOVED N OF FORECAST AREA.
COLD FRONT ASSOCIATED WITH LOW TO 22N 178W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N167W TO 25N171W TO 17N180E.

.COLD FRONT FROM 29N176E TO 26N168E TO 28N163E MOVING SE AND E TO 15 
KT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 29N177E TO 24N175E TO 21N170E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAK FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 23N178W.

.FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 27N149W TO 27N157W. PORTION W OF 148W MOVING 
N AND NE 20 KT AS A WARM FRONT. REST OF FRONT IS NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 27N145W TO 30N148W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WARM FRONT N OF FORECAST AREA. REST OF FRONT 
DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF FCST AREA FROM 30N155E TO 27N150E 
MOVING SE 15 KT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N167E TO 27N163E TO 27N160E.

.RIDGE FROM 24N154W TO 19N170W TO 14N180E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 26N160E TO 23N166E MOVING S SLOWLY WHILE EASTERN PORTION 
ERODES. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 22N175E TO 22N160E.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 26N170W TO 
17N180E TO 16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 27N E OF 170W...AND BETWEEN 
18N AND 09N E OF 155W...AND S OF 04N BETWEEN 148W AND 164W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 
12N178W TO 13N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF A LINE FROM 20N154W TO 
10N165W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 20N BETWEEN 160W AND 180E.
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 10N E OF 180E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A POINT AT 10N178W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 08N150W TO 07N160W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
ALONG ITCZ E OF 150W.

$$

.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.