Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:56:12 -0600

149 
ATPQ40 PGUM 141456
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
ISSUED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
100 AM CHST WED DEC 15 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

SEVERAL FRONTS ARE POSITIONED ACROSS THE NORTHEAST SECTION OF THE 
AREA. ONE FRONT IS ALONG A LINE FROM 17N180 STRETCHING SOUTHWESTWARD 
TO NEAR 13N164E...CROSSING 150 MILES SOUTH OF WAKE ISLAND...THEN 
NORTHWEST TO THE AREA OF SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS NEAR 
18N154E. ANOTHER FRONT IS FOUND FROM NEAR 25N175E SOUTHWESTWARD TO 
22N170E AND HAS AN ASSOCIATED SCATTERED SHOWERS ALONG AND UP TO 200 
MILES NORTHWEST OF THE FRONT. THESE FRONTS ARE ROTATING 
COUNTERCLOCKWISE AROUND A LARGE SURFACE LOW CENTERED FAR NORTH OF 
THE AREA. THIS LOW IS MOVING VERY SLOWLY TO THE WEST AT LESS THAN 10 
MPH.

ELSEWHERE...AN AREA OF ISOLATED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS IS LOCATED 
BETWEEN 02N AND 08N BETWEEN 154E AND 148E...BORDERING THE AREA FROM 
IMMEDIATELY SOUTH OF CHUUK TO ABOUT 400 MILES SOUTH AND SOUTHWEST. 
THIS AREA IS MOVING SLOWLY WEST AT AROUND 10 MPH. ANOTHER GROUP OF 
ISOLATED TO SCATTERED SHOWERS IS COVERING THE AREA BETWEEN 200 
MILES WEST SOUTHWEST OF KOSRAE AND 250 MILES SOUTH OF POHNPEI...AND 
IS ALSO MOVING SLOWLY WEST.

FINALLY...A COLD FRONT MOVING INTO THE NORTHWESTERN CORNER OF THE 
AREA FROM 25N137E TO 22N130E IS BRINGING A BAND OF BROKEN LOW 
CLOUDS AND SCATTERED LAYERED MID LEVEL CLOUDS ALONG WITH ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS TO THE AREA WITHIN 150 MILES SOUTHEAST OF THE FRONT. 
THIS FRONT IS MOVING TO THE EAST SOUTHEAST AT 25 MPH.
 
$$

BRENCHLEY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.