Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:11:54 -0600

052 
FZPN01 KWBC 141611
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 40N W OF 165E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 46N AND W OF 165E AREA OF SE WINDS 40 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 46N AND W OF 169E AREA OF WINDS 35 TO 45 
KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 43N AND W OF 176E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 55N170E TO 43N171E. WITHIN 360 NM 
NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N146W 984 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 960 NM S AND 600 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N144W 979 MB. WITHIN 960 NM SW AND S 
QUADRANTS AND 660 NM N SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N146W 987 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 55N150W TO 57N144W TO 54N135W TO 50N132W. WITHIN 480 NM NW 
AND W QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 23 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
840 NM NW AND W QUADRANTS...660 NM S QUADRANT...AND ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM N AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 
16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N130W 967 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
180 NM S AND SE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 22 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 720 NM S AND 180 NM N SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY LOW 
58N144W NOTED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N174E 996 MB MOVING W 05 KT WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT FROM 
36N173E TO 37N177W TO 34N167W. WITHIN 660 NM N QUADRANT AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM N OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N172E 1002 MB. WITHIN 840 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 62N177E 1014 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. WITHIN 480 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N175W 1002 MB. WITHIN 600 NM N AND 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N177W 1002 MB. WITHIN 600 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING... 
.OVER ICE FREE FORECAST WATERS N OF A LINE FROM 63N173W TO 
61N166W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N158W TO 59N170W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N158W TO 58N165W AREAS OF 
MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 34N156W 1013 MB MOVING E 20 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
300 NM NE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N144W 1014 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N137W 1008 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 32N155W 1008 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 40N AND W OF 172E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 43N BETWEEN 170E AND 177E. 

.HIGH 31N145W 1020 MB WILL MOVE NE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N134W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N124W 1018 MB. 

.HIGH 48N180W 1038 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N177W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N174W 1041 MB. 

.HIGH 52N173E 1035 MB MOVING E 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MERGED WITH HIGH 52N177W NOTED ABOVE.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 47N166E 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE DEC 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED DEC 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU DEC 16.

.WARNINGS.

...GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC GALE WARNING...
.WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W N TO NE WINDS 30 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS BELOW GALE FORCE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC EXCEPT AS NOTED IN WARNING...WITHIN 90 NM 
OF LINE 16N95W TO 13N97W TO 09N103W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 104W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN NE SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W TO 
10N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 45 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 14N96W N 
TO NE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 
12N BETWEEN 94W AND 103W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT 
IN NE SWELL.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 90W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 91W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 05N TO 10N 
BETWEEN 89W AND 93W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 09N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 90W NE WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 11N BETWEEN 87W AND 90W NE TO E WINDS TO 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.30 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 06N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 80W N WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 20N W OF 136W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE WIND WAVES. FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 123W 
AND 136W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 129W AND 135W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 138W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 136W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1400 UTC TUE DEC 14...

LOW PRES 08N121W...SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM E QUADRANT.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N78W TO 05N100W TO 
08N120W TO 06N127W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM 
EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF 139W. 

$$
.FORECASTER SCHAUER. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.