Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:45:11 -0600

053 
FZPN40 PHFO 141645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC DEC 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC DEC 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 18N177E 1008 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 21N175W 
AND TO 14N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NEAR 29N173W 1007 MB. LOW MERGED WITH A 
STATIONARY FRONT NOTED BELOW. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 27N178W TO 30N176E 
AND TO 30N170W. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF LOW AND FRONTS. ALSO...TROUGH 
FROM LOW TO 23N175W TO 17N178E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF FCST AREA. FRONT FROM 30N174W TO 
29N180E TO 30N175E. ALSO...TROUGH FROM 29N167W TO 22N173W TO 18N179W.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N162W TO 25N172W TO 30N178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MERGED WITH LOW ABOVE. SEE ABOVE FOR MORE
DETAILS.

.WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA BOUNDED BY 30N180E 23N175E 26N165E 
30N165E AND 30N180E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 28N155W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N160E TO 26N150E MOVING E AND SE 
15 KT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N166E TO 29N166E TO 27N160E.

.RIDGE FROM 24N154W TO 21N165W TO 14N180E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 26N160E TO 23N166E MOVING S SLOWLY. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 12 TO 15 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N179W TO 22N175E TO 22N160E.
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N158W TO 26N170W TO 
16N180E TO 16N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 09N E OF 154W... 
AND S OF 04N BETWEEN 150W AND 168W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 10 TO 12 FT N OF 26N W OF 173E. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N155W TO 14N180E TO 14N160E.
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 19N AND 09N E OF 163W. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
BETWEEN 19N AND 22N E OF 153W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 20N BETWEEN 160W AND 180E.
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 10N E OF 180E.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED TSTMS N OF 23N BETWEEN 177E AND 170E. WIDELY SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY 27N171W 20N173W 08N178W 23N180E 
AND 27N171W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N160W...AND FROM 10N180E TO 07N166E TO 
06N160E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF EACH ITCZ/S.

$$

.FORECASTER LAU. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.