Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 12:00:10 -0600

800 
ATHW40 PHFO 141800
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1800 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1730 UTC DECEMBER 14 2010

SKIES ARE NEARLY CLEAR ACROSS MOST OF THE ALOHA STATE THIS MORNING.  
THE FEW AREAS WHERE LOW CLOUD CEILINGS PREVAIL INCLUDE WINDWARD 
SECTIONS OF OAHU...AND THE PUNA AND HILO DISTRICTS...AND A SMALL 
PORTION OF NORTH KONA...ON THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM 
THE EAST STATEWIDE...NEAR 15 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
SLOWING TO UNDER 10 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

A CLUSTER OF SCATTERED TO BROKEN LOW CLOUDS EXISTS JUST EAST OF THE 
BIG ISLAND AND IS HEADING WEST WITH THE PREVAILING TRADE FLOW... 
WHILE A SMALL AREA OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS IS IMMEDIATELY WEST OF 
NORTH KONA AND LEEWARD KOHALA.  A THIN BAND OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDS 
ORIENTED NORTH TO SOUTH IS JUST NORTH AND NORTHEAST OF OAHU.  
CONDITIONS ARE OTHERWISE CLEAR TO SCATTERED IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.

WEST OF THE ISLANDS IS A LARGE SWATH OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST 
MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS.  THE 
CLOUDINESS IS ASSOCIATED WITH FRONTAL BOUNDARIES FAR NORTH AND WEST 
OF STATE.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE CURRENTLY 
WITHIN 200 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N160W TO 25N174W TO 
09N179E.

CONVECTION IS FIRING ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR 
SOUTH OF HAWAII.  MOST OF THIS UNORGANIZED ACTIVITY IS LOCATED FROM 
06N TO 10N EAST OF 163W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.