Subject: Western Pacific: Synoptic Discussion For The Marianas

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:49:54 -0600

308 
FXPQ60 PGUM 141949
AFDPQ 

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
ISSUED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
600 AM CHST TUE DEC 14 2010

.SYNOPSIS...
A SEASONABLY DRY WEATHER PATTERN CAN BE EXPECTED FOR THE MARIANA 
ISLANDS WITH JUST A FEW PASSING SHOWERS EXPECTED. MOISTURE EMBEDDED 
IN LOW LEVEL EASTERLY FLOW WILL PROVIDE SCATTERED SHOWERS AND 
ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS FOR BOTH EASTERN AND WESTERN MICRONESIA. 

&&

.DISCUSSION...
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS BASICALLY DRY CONDITIONS OVER THE MARIANA 
ISLANDS WITH WITH JUST A FEW ISOLATED SHOWERS IN THE VICINITY MAINLY 
SOUTH OF GUAM. AN AREA OF SHOWERS ASSOCIATED WITH A WEAK INVERTED 
TROUGH IS SEEN A FEW HUNDRED MILES TO THE NORTHEAST OF THE AREA. 
MODELS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT WITH THIS FEATURE WEAKENING BUT ITS 
ASSOCIATED SHOWER AREA MAY BRUSH BY PORTIONS OF THE AREA THURSDAY 
NIGHT AND FRIDAY MAINLY FROM SAIPAN NORTH. OTHERWISE SKIES WILL BE 
GENERALLY FAIR AND SHOWER ACTIVITY RATHER SPARSE.

&&

.MARINE...
SMALL...MAINLY SHORT PERIOD SWELLS FROM BOTH THE NORTH AND EAST... 
CAN BE EXPECTED INTO THE WEEKEND...WITH A SMALL NORTHWEST SWELL 
EXPECTED TO FILL IN SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. WINDS WILL BE EASTERLY AT 
10 TO 15 KT.

&&

.EASTERN MICRONESIA...
SATELLITE IMAGERY SHOWS SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS 
EMBEDDED IN LOW LEVEL EASTERLY FLOW. THE KWAJALEIN RADAR SHOWS 
LIGHT SHOWERS IN THE VICINITY. SATELLITE DERIVED PRECIPITABLE WATER 
VALUES REMAIN ON THE HIGH SIDE. MODELS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT IN 
KEEPING THIS AREA OF MOISTURE IN THE AREA. THUS EXPECT PARTLY 
CLOUDY SKIES WITH PASSING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS TO 
CONTINUE.

&&

.WESTERN MICRONESIA...
A WEAK LOW LEVEL TROUGH NEAR CHUUK AND POHNPEI WILL BE MOVING 
THROUGH THE AREA OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. PRECIPITABLE WATER 
VALUES REMAIN HIGH IN THE AREA SO PASSING SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS CAN BE EXPECTED. MODELS KEEP HIGH AMOUNTS OF MOISTURE 
IN THE AREA THROUGH THE WEEKEND SO LITTLE CHANGE IN YOUR WEATHER 
PATTERN IS EXPECTED. SKIES WILL BE PARTLY CLOUDY WITH PASSING 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUING.

&&

.GUM WATCHES/WARNINGS/ADVISORIES...
GU...NONE.
MARIANAS WATERS...NONE.
&&

$$

BURKE

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.