Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:57:15 -0600

549 
FZPN01 KWBC 142157
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 14. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 15. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 16. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 40N W OF 168E AREA OF SE WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST N OF 45N AND W OF 167E AREA OF SE WINDS 35 TO 
50 KT. SEAS 15 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 49N159E 994 
MB. WITHIN 420 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 780 NM E QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF FORECAST WITH A FRONT FROM 
56N173E TO 44N168E. WITHIN 300 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 59N146W 977 MB NEARLY STATIONARY BUT WILL DRIFT SW. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS BETWEEN 120 NM AND 1020 NM S AND BETWEEN 120 NM 
AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N147W 979 MB. WITHIN 420 NM NW AND N 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 960 NM SW AND S QUADRANTS AND 720 NM NW QUADRANT WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N146W 985 MB WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 55N150W TO 56N141W TO 54N134W TO 50N131W. WITHIN 900 NM NW 
AND W QUADRANTS...540 NM S QUADRANT...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 
NM N AND E OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT... 
HIGHEST NEAR 50N153W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 52N130W 972 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 
180 NM SE SEMICIRCLE WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 15 TO 24 FT. 
ELSEWHERE EXCEPT WHERE NOTED ABOVE WITHIN 660 NM S AND 180 NM N 
SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED WITH CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY 
LOW 56N147W NOTED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 33N173E 997 MB NEARLY STATIONARY WITH AN ASSOCIATED FRONT 
FROM 36N173E TO 38N180W TO 34N167W. WITHIN 600 NM N QUADRANT AND 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 420 NM N OF THE FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 22 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N173E 1004 MB. WITHIN 840 NM N QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 57N171W 1013 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. WITHIN 300 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 31N174W 1004 MB. WITHIN 660 NM N AND 
NE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 33N174W 1002 MB. WITHIN 600 NM N 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 23 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...  
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N154W TO 57N160W TO 59N167W 
AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 34N153W 1016 MB MOVING E 20 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NW AND N 
QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N141W 1015 MB. WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N134W 1009 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 33N151W 1008 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM OF CENTER WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 41N AND W OF 173E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF A LINE 
FROM 56N173E TO 43N166E. 

.HIGH 31N138W 1023 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N130W 1020 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N122W 1018 MB. 

.HIGH 51N179E 1038 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N177W 1041 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 52N175W 1041 MB. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 48N168E 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER VUKITS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE DEC 14.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED DEC 15.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU DEC 16.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W 
TO 10N102W N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 05N TO 13N BETWEEN 93W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 11 FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 11N BETWEEN 99W AND 106W WINDS LESS
THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NE SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 90W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 92W NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF FONSECA N OF 11N BETWEEN 87W AND 89W NE WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 05N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 19N W OF 134W E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 08N TO 17N W OF 137W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 135W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE DEC 14...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N78W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 06N100W TO LOW PRES NEAR 08N121W TO 07N128W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS W OF 134W. 

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.