Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 16:40:02 -0600

737 
FZPN40 PHFO 142239
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE DEC 14 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC DEC 14 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 15 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC DEC 16 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N161W TO 27N172W TO 26N176W TO 22N178W TO 
LOW 20N179W 1007 MB THENCE COLD FRONT TO 16N176W TO 13N169E TO 
14N160E. LOW MOVING NE 25 KT AND COLD FRONT MOVING S 10 KT. NUMEROUS 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS IN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 30N167W TO 
23N170W TO 12N174W TO 12N178E TO 30N179E. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 30N168W TO LOW 29N175W 1007 
MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 28N171W TO 20N178W TO 16N175E. WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT N OF 28N BETWEEN 170W AND 179W. ALSO WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 
NM SE QUADRANT OF LOW. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N168W TO 24N172W 
TO 18N179W TO 12N176E. ASSOCIATED WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N163W TO 25N169W TO 18N178W. 

SEE FZPN01 KWBC FOR FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N. 

.LOW JUST N OF AREA. COLD FRONT FROM 30N176E TO 24N174E TO 20N170E 
TO 20N160E. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF 24N BETWEEN 173E AND 162E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF FRONT N OF 23N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

SEE FZPN01 KWBC FOR FORECAST DETAILS N OF 30N.

.WEAKENING STATIONARY FRONT FROM 29N140W TO 28N156W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.HIGH JUST W OF AREA NEAR 27N158W 1012 MB MOVING ESE SLOWLY. RIDGE 
FROM HIGH TO 21N164E MOVING SE SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N161E 1012 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N162E 1014 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT FROM 30N163E TO 28N160E MOVING SE 15 KT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 26N146W TO 21N164W TO 14N180E NEARLY STATIONARY.

.TROUGH FROM 13N176E TO 05N169E NEARLY STATIONARY. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 12N178E 
TO 06N165E TO 06N174E TO 10N177W TO 12N174W TO 12N178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROUGH DISSIPATED. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N164W TO 24N170W TO 18N180W TO 
15N170E TO 15N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N177E TO 
24N170E TO 21N160E. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 18N BETWEEN 164W AND 174W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 27N BETWEEN 169W AND 174E. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 07N155W TO 08N171W. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
FROM 04N TO 11N E OF 156W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BIRCHARD. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.