Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 18:00:13 -0600

829 
ATHW40 PHFO 150000
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0000 UTC WED DEC 15 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 2330 UTC DECEMBER 14 2010

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY SUNNY TO PARTLY CLOUDY ACROSS THE ALOHA 
STATE THIS EARLY AFTERNOON.  LOW CLOUD CEILINGS ARE MAINLY AFFECTING 
UPSLOPE SECTIONS ON THE BIG ISLAND...AND TO A LESSER EXTENT UPSLOPE 
PORTIONS OF EAST MAUI...AND MAUKA AREAS OF THE OTHER ISLES AND WEST 
MAUI.  LOW CLOUD MOVEMENT IS FROM THE EAST TO EAST-SOUTHEAST 
STATEWIDE...BETWEEN 15 AND 20 MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND 
SLOWING TO BETWEEN 10 AND 15 MPH MOVING UP THE CHAIN TO KAUAI.

IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS...CONDITIONS ARE CLEAR TO SCATTERED 
AS OF BULLETIN TIME.

LARGE AREAS OF BROKEN TO OVERCAST MULTILAYERED CLOUDS WITH EMBEDDED 
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS EXIST FAR NORTH...BEYOND 30N...AND WEST OF 
THE ISLANDS.  THE CLOUDINESS IS ASSOCIATED WITH FRONTAL BOUNDARIES 
THAT HAVE BEEN NEARLY STATIONARY OR MOVING SLOWLY SOUTH AND EAST.  
MOST OF THE CONCENTRATED CLOUDINESS AND CONVECTION IS CURRENTLY 
WITHIN 300 MILES EITHER SIDE OF A LINE FROM 30N179E TO 28N170W TO 
17N176W TO 09N177W.

SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO FIRE ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL 
CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF HAWAII.  THIS UNORGANIZED CONVECTION 
IS MAINLY LOCATED FROM 06N TO 10N EAST OF 159W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.