Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 22:20:31 -0600

802 
FZPN01 KWBC 150420
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED DEC 15 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC DEC 15. 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 16. 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC DEC 17. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.OVER WATERS N OF 43N W OF 166E AREA OF SE WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 38N W OF 174E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N160E 990 MB. N OF 49N W OF 171E WINDS 
35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE N OF 44N W OF 176E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW WELL NW OF AREA WITH A FRONT FROM 57N174E 
TO 44N168E. WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 58N145W 976 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 1020 NM 
SW AND 300 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N148W 985 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW AND 240 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 840 NM SW AND 420 NM NE SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N146W 991 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
54N143W TO 51N132W TO 43N128W. WITHIN 900 NM W AND NW QUADRANTS 
AND 240 NM N AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 53N129W 984 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 900 NM 
SW QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BY LOW 
55N148W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 33N172E 1000 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 45N BETWEEN 
169W AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS MOVED S OF AREA.  

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 32N176W 1003 MB. FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 
164W AND 174E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 31N179W 1005 MB. FROM 31N TO 42N BETWEEN 
165W AND 174E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. 

...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING...
.FROM 57N TO 61N BETWEEN 162W AND 167W AND ALSO N OF 62N W OF 
167W AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF A LINE FROM 57N154W TO 57N160W TO 59N167W 
AREAS OF MODERATE TO HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 34N151W 1016 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 32N TO 37N BETWEEN 
148W AND 169W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 34N141W 1012 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND W 
QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N132W 1007 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 33N147W 1008 MB. FROM 30N TO 34N 
BETWEEN 143W AND 152W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM N OF 41N AND W OF 
163E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG N OF 42N BETWEEN 170E AND 162E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING.  

.HIGH 51N179W 1038 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 55N177W 1040 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 54N174W 1040 MB.

.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW HIGH 33N133W 1018 MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 53N169E 1025 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED DEC 15.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU DEC 16.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI DEC 17.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE FROM 16N95W TO 13N97W 
N TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 04N 
TO 14N BETWEEN 94W AND 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT IN NE SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 10N BETWEEN 100W AND 106W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PAPAGAYO FROM 07N TO 11N BETWEEN 85W AND 91W NE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 11N E OF 88W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.GULF OF PANAMA N OF 04N BETWEEN 78W AND 81W N WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.FROM 09N TO 18N W OF 135W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 29N W OF 130W SW TO W WINDS 20 KT. SEAS
8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED DEC 15...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 06N78W TO LOW PRES 
NEAR 06N100W TO LOW PRES NEAR 08N120W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W OF 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.